quinta-feira, 28 de abril de 2016

the breakup song

i am now convinced
i can only love
people from afar
and you're too close to me

i keep fantasizing
about our breakup
the ways you could hurt me
and the ways i could hurt you back
i don't even want to think about that
it's involuntary
sadly it's just how my twisted mind works

i thought we were doomed from the start
not because of you
-i swear that you are one the most
beautiful living creatures
on this planet-
but because of me
and my history of self-destruction

but then i thought
we could be beautiful
you and me
living like we were
in a before movie
but i can't
keep walking and talking to you
for long periods of time
because the truth is
i'm lost
and i don't want to drag you
into this vortex of emptiness
that i'm becoming

i'm sorry for that time
when you asked me
if i was okay
and i said
just hold me
and i cried all
my fears
into you
and didn't say anything
it wasn't fair
i should have said something

i should have said
that i was crying
cause i was so fucking miserable
cause i was sad
and so lonely
even though you were (always) there
comforting me 
i should have said something
literally anything
even "it's not you, it's me"
would work
cause it's true
it really isn’t you, it's all me
but instead
i just watched you
and your pretty eyes filled with worry
and salty tears

i can't do this to you

i am sorry
i (can't)
love
you

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário