domingo, 23 de abril de 2017

my hair colors

1.

i shaved my hair
and then i met you
and for the first time in a long time
i was truly happy

i remember the touch of your fingers in my scalp
and i loved how that used to make me calm
i remember when i fucked everything up
and i hate how i broke your heart

i tried to search for your touch
in someone else’s hand
and no matter how hard i tried
they weren’t you

i hated how numb i had become
i decided to let my hair grow
cause i couldn’t bare to look myself in the mirror
and see the scalp you would no longer touch


2.


my hair grew
and then i met you
and i could never had imagined
you would make such a broken person like me
feel again

your touch on my skin was good
but my touch on yours hurt you
and i didn’t know why
so i kept on touching
until your skin turned red

i was worried when you said
‘let me save you’
cause i wanted to be saved
but it wasn’t your job to do that
i needed to save myself first

i guess you were trying to search for someone else’s touch in me
but i couldn’t give what you wanted
i wasn’t the one you were looking for
i think you see that now
even though you didn’t before

3.

i dyed my hair blonde
and then gray
and then i met you
and you made me feel alive
even though you didn’t want to

we didn’t hurt each other when we touched
so i thought you were the one for me
it was cold and you held me
while i smoked my third cigarette
my body was warm
and so was my heart

you drew a purple turtle
in my left wrist
and told me you loved me
so i painted my hair purple
cause that was the color we would be

after a while
my hair was lilac
and you texted me
‘let's break up’
and i hated how you left me

4.

i tried pink, blue, green
i cut my hair
changed it to its natural color
let it grew again
dyed back to grey
and i met no one

sometimes all the other colors come back
even when i don’t want them to
and they appear at the most inconvenient times
and when that happens i dye my hair again
but it’s not healthy to keep doing this

i guess i have to embrace all the colors
and accept that they will always be part of me
that’s the only way i can keep on living
so thank you (and i’m sorry) colors
for everything

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário