domingo, 27 de novembro de 2016

smitten with you

i guess i knew it when we first met
the way you made me laugh
and how you made me feel at ease
like you were telling my anxiety to go away
just by showing your teeth

i knew it the next day
causa i kinda wanted to keep talking to you
and wanted to see you all the time
i knew it when i felt your absence
both physically and emotionally

i knew it when you were honest with me
even though you were worried i was gonna get hurt
but i didn't
i appreciated a little honesty
when all i was used to was fakeness

i knew it when you said let's be boyfriends
and my heart skipped a thousand beats
i knew it when you said we need to talk
and in that moment i was afraid i was already losing you
turns out it was nothing but my mind playing tricks on me
and for the first time i was grateful for that

i knew it when you were having a bad moment
and i felt so helpless
cause i didn't know what to do other than give you the space you needed
and all i wanted to do was to protect you
from everything that was happening inside your head

i knew it when all of a sudden
you drew a heart on my knee
and gave me a ring
made out of blue shoelaces
and i knew it when i thought to myself
these little things have got to be
the most beautiful things someone has ever done to me

i knew it from the way you look at me
with your glittery eyes
and how i adore looking at you inbetween kisses
just to see you smiling
and just to see how you look so cute
going down
all focused and shit

honestly i could spend more words
and just keep going
but i'm going to keep it short
all of the things i said before
that's how i knew

i am completely
smitten
with
you

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário